The nature of psychological services provided to you will depend on your needs. Your sessions with Dr. Ayres will be a collaborative effort as together we will work on your most important concerns. Below are some issues others have addressed in therapy. Dr. Ayres provides individual therapy for adults using several evidence-based treatments such as Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). Limited evening and weekend appointments are available.
- Decreasing symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Managing role transitions such as illness, marriage, college, workforce issues, aging, divorce, family changes, etc.
- Maternal Depression (pregnancy and postpartum)
- Eating disorders such as overeating, binge eating
- Navigating LGBTQIA+ issues
- Relationship challenges
- Increasing assertiveness in all realms of your life
If your family doctor currently prescribes mental health medication but you wonder whether taking the time to sort out your concerns would help, Dr. Ayres can assist you by collaborating with them or other professionals involved in your care.